Lost or Stolen MasterCard ATM Debit Card
If you have a lost or stolen Debit Card, please call 1-800-554-8969 and a representative will assist you.
INTERNET BANKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS AGREEMENT
This Agreement describes your rights and obligations as a user of the Online Banking Service and all other services made available online by Cecil Bank, including without limitation the Online Bill Payment Service (“Service” or “Services”). It also describes the rights and obligations of Cecil Bank. Please read this Agreement carefully. As an authorized account holder you must abide by the terms and conditions of this agreement, and those provided to you at account opening, in order to use this Service. If you do not agree to these terms, do not complete your registration for the Services or use the Services.
The following definitions apply in this Agreement.
“Online Banking” is the Internet-based service providing access to your account(s) under the terms set forth in this Internet Banking Terms and Conditions Agreement.
“Online Account” is a Cecil Bank account from which you will be conducting transactions using a Service.
“Business Day” refers to Monday through Saturday, excluding holidays as determined by Cecil Bank. All Online transaction requests received after regular banking hours or on a non-Business day, will be processed immediately, but may not appear in the online history until the following Business Day.
Cecil Bank Regular Banking Hours:
- Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Friday 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
“Password” is a series of numbers, special characters and/or letters that you select after the initial sign-on that establishes your connection to the Service(s). Cecil Bank will provide you with a code for use during the initial sign-on process.
“Time of day” references are to Eastern Standard Time.
“Cecil Bank”, “we,” “us” or “our” refers to Cecil Bank, which offers the Services provided under this Agreement and holds the accounts accessed by the Services.
ACCESS TO SERVICES Cecil Bank will provide online instructions describing how to use the Online Banking Service or Online Bill Payment Service. To gain access to this Service you will need your Access ID and your Password.
HOURS OF OPERATION The Service(s) are generally available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except during special maintenance and upgrade periods, which are scheduled between 11:00 pm Wednesday to 5:00 am CT Thursday, and 11:00 pm Sunday to 5:00 am CT Monday. When this occurs the service(s) will not be available.
DEPOSIT ACCOUNT INTERNAL TRANSFERS
Internal Transfers (transfer between Cecil Bank accounts) initiated on Monday through Friday before 11:00 p.m. EST on a business day we are open, will be effective on the same day. However, transfers initiated after 11:00 p.m. EST or on a day we are not open, will be effective on the next business day we are open.
Internal Transfers (transfer between Cecil Bank accounts) initiated on Saturday before 8:00 p.m. EST on a business day we are open, will be effective on the same day. However, transfers initiated after 8:00 p.m. EST on Saturday or on a day we are not open, will be effective on the next business day we are open.
The following fees are associated to access the Online Banking Service. If and when additional fees are assessed, a minimum of 30 days’ notice will be given to Online Banking customers.
- a) EZ Pay Bill Pay service including ebills; no charge for up to 15 transactions per calendar month or any portion thereof, $0.75 for each additional transaction. Your billing cycle starts on the first day of the calendar month.
- b) EZ Pay Bill Pay Immediate Payment is an electronic or check payment that has a faster delivery than the standard payment deliver by date. This payment delivery channel is meant for those consumers that need to make an immediate payment. This is considered a premium service and is subject to a convenience fee. Same Day Bill Pay is $9.95 to billers that offer the service through Fiserv and Overnight Check is $14.95 for all payments, regardless of the biller. The fee is presented to the subscriber during the payment flow and it is included in the total. The fee is assessed to the consumer’s account when the payment is requested. We will deduct any and all fees automatically each month from your CECIL BANK Checking Account.
- c) Transfer Now External Transfers: There is a $3.00 charge for a standard external transfer. This fee only relates to a transfer to other financial institutions. Transfer from other institutions to Cecil Bank accounts are done at no charge.
- d) Stop Payment Authorizations: You may complete a stop payment request Online. A fee of $29.00 will apply for each stop payment request placed.
USE OF YOUR SECURITY PASSWORD
The safety of our customers’ accounts and account information is of paramount importance to Cecil Bank. We go through great lengths to protect confidentiality and the security of your account, and urge you to do the same. You agree not to allow anyone to gain access to the Services or to let anyone know your Password used with the Services. You agree to assume responsibility for all transactions initiated through the Services with your Cecil Bank Access ID, up to the limits allowed by applicable law. While Cecil Bank continues to provide our customers with the level of online security we believe necessary and appropriate, customers who share their Access IDs and Passwords are giving up the full benefit of our security measures and legal protections to which they may be entitled. No representative from Cecil Bank will ever call or e-mail and ask for your Access ID or User Password; however, if you contact Cecil Bank you may be asked for your Access ID and other personal information to verify your identity.
IF YOUR PASSWORD HAS BEEN LOST OR STOLEN
If your Password has been lost or stolen, call Cecil Bank immediately at 410-398-1650. Telephoning Cecil Bank is the best way of minimizing your losses—DO NOT USE EMAIL TO NOTIFY US. You may also restore the security of your Service by immediately changing your Password. If you believe your Password has been lost or stolen and you notify us within two Business Days after you learn of the loss or theft, you can lose no more than $50.00 if someone uses your Password to conduct unauthorized electronic funds transfers without your permission. If you do NOT notify us within two Business Days after you learn of the loss or theft of your Password, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your Password to conduct unauthorized electronic funds transfers without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.00.
BANKING TRANSACTIONS WITH ON-LINE BANKING In addition to viewing account information, you may use Online Banking to conduct the following transactions: * Transfer funds among your linked checking, savings, loans and line of credit accounts.
* Stop Payment Authorizations: You may complete a stop payment request Online. A fee of $20.00 will apply for each stop payment request placed. Stop payment requests placed after regular banking hours may not be processed until the next business day. Your online request to place a stop payment will be your electronic signature authorization to complete the stop payment order.
Stop Payments initiated on Monday through Friday before 11:00 p.m. EST on a business day we are open, will be effective on the same day. However, transfers initiated after 11:00 p.m. EST or on a day we are not open, will be effective on the next business day we are open.
Stop Payments initiated on Saturday before 8:00 p.m. EST on a business day we are open, will be effective on the same day. However, transfers initiated after 8:00 p.m. EST on Saturday or on a day we are not open, will be effective on the next business day we are open.
NOTE: Because regulations require Cecil Bank to limit pre-authorized transfers (including Online Banking transfers), the following limitations apply:
* Statement Savings Account– You can make no more than six (6) transfers per statement period by pre-authorized or automatic transfer, or by telephone or Online Banking.
* Passbook Savings Account – You may complete balance inquiries, however, you may not transfer funds to or from a passbook savings account.
New services may be introduced for Online Banking from time to time. Cecil Bank will notify you of the existence of these new services. By using these services when they become available, you agree to be bound by the rules that will be made available to you concerning these services.
You will continue to receive your regular account statement either monthly or quarterly, depending on the type of account.
IF YOUR STATEMENT SHOWS TRANSFERS THAT YOU DID NOT MAKE
If your statement shows transfers that you did not make, notify Cecil Bank immediately at 410-398-1650, or write a letter and send it to:
Cecil Bank, Attention: Customer Service 127 North St, P O Box 469, Elkton, MD 21922-0469.
If you do not notify Cecil Bank within sixty (60) days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not recover any money lost after the sixty (60) days which would not have been lost if Cecil Bank had been notified in time.
ERRORS AND QUESTIONS
In case of errors or questions regarding an Online Banking or Online Bill Payment transaction, you may call Cecil Bank at 410-398-1650, or write a letter and send it to:
Cecil Bank, Attention: Customer Service 127 North St, P O Box 469, Elkton, MD 21922-0469.
We must hear from you at the specified telephone number or address no later than sixty (60) calendar days after we sent you the first statement on which the problem or error appeared. We will need:
* Your name and account number.
* A description of the error or the transfer in question, and an explanation concerning why you believe it is an error or need more information.
* The dollar amount of the suspected error.
* The date on which it occurred. If the report is made orally, we may require that you send the complaint or question in writing within ten (10) Business Days from your initial contact.
We will notify you with the results of the investigation within ten (10) Business Days after you contact us and will correct any error promptly. If more time is needed, however, we may, at our sole discretion, take up to forty-five (45) calendar days to investigate a complaint or question. If this occurs, we will credit your account within ten (10) Business Days for the amount you think is in error. This will allow you to use the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If your complaint or question is not received in writing within ten (10) Business Days from your original contact, we may not credit your account until the investigation is completed. If your notice of error concerns a transaction that occurred during the first 30 days after the first deposit to the account was made, the applicable time periods are 20 Business Days in place of 10 Business Days and 90 calendar days in place of 45 calendar days. If we determined that no error occurred, we will send you a written notice within three (3) Business Days. You may request copies of the documents that were used in the investigation. You agree that Cecil Bank may respond to you by e-mail with regard to any claim of unauthorized electronic fund transfer related to the Service. Any such electronic mail sent to you by Cecil Bank shall be considered received within three (3) Business Days of the date sent by Cecil Bank, regardless of whether or not you sign on to the Service within that time frame.
LIMIT OF CECIL BANK’S RESPONSIBILITY
Cecil Bank agrees to make reasonable efforts to ensure full performance of Online Banking and Bill Pay. Cecil Bank will be responsible for acting only on those instructions sent through Online Banking which are actually received, and cannot assume responsibility for circumstances over which the bank has no direct control. This includes but is not limited to, the failure or malfunctions in communication facilities, which may affect the accuracy or timeliness of messages you send. Cecil Bank is not responsible for any losses should you give incorrect instructions, or if your payment instructions are not given sufficiently in advance to allow for timely payment or delays in mail service. Any information you receive from Cecil Bank is believed to be reliable. However, it can only be provided on a best-efforts basis for your convenience and is not guaranteed. Cecil Bank is not liable for any deficiencies in the accuracy, completeness, availability, or timeliness of such information, or for any investment or other decision made using this information. Cecil Bank is not responsible for any fees incurred for Internet access, or for any computer virus or related problems that may be attributable to services provided by any Internet access service provider. You are responsible for obtaining, installing, maintaining, and operating all computer hardware and software necessary for performing Online Banking and Bill Pay. Cecil Bank will not be responsible for any errors or failures from the malfunction or failure of your hardware or software. The limit of Cecil Bank’s liability shall be as expressly set forth herein. Under no circumstances will Cecil Bank be liable in contract, tort, or otherwise for any special, incidental, or consequential damages, whether or not foreseeable. By consenting to use the Services, you agree to waive any and all rights to any of the aforesaid, and you acknowledge that the limit of your remedy is as otherwise expressly set forth herein.
CECIL BANK’S RESPONSIBILITY
Cecil Bank will be responsible for your losses, as allowed by law, if they were directly caused by our failure to: * Complete an Electronic Funds Transfer as properly requested. * Cancel an Electronic Funds Transfer as properly requested. However, we will NOT be responsible for your losses if: * Through no fault of Cecil Bank, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer. * Through no fault of Cecil Bank, the transaction would have caused you to exceed your available credit. * Circumstances beyond our control (e.g., fire, flood, power outage, mail delivery delays, equipment or technical failure or breakdown) prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken. * There is a hold on your account, or if access to your account is blocked in accordance with banking policy. * Your funds are subject to legal process or other encumbrance restricting the transfer. * Your transfer authorization terminates by operation of law. * You believe someone has accessed your accounts without your permission and you fail to notify Cecil Bank immediately. * You have not properly followed the scheduling instructions, included in this Agreement, to make a transfer or the Payee refuses the Service. * For the failure of any payee to correctly account for or credit the payment in a timely manner. * We have received incomplete or inaccurate information from you or a third party involving the account or transfer. * For changes to the payee’s address or account number (unless you have advised us of the change within three (3) Business Days in advance). * We have a reasonable basis for believing that unauthorized use of your Password or account has occurred or may be occurring, or if you default under this Agreement, the Deposit Account Agreement, a credit agreement, or any other agreement with us, or if we or you terminate this Agreement. There may be other exceptions stated in this agreement and in other agreements with you. In no event shall we be liable for damages in excess of your actual loss due to our failure to complete a transfer, and we will not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages. If any of the circumstances listed above shall occur, we shall assist you with reasonable efforts in taking appropriate corrective action to reprocess the transactions that may not have been completed or to correct incorrect transactions that have been processed.
ELECTRONIC MAIL (EMAIL) If you send Cecil Bank an electronic mail message through the Service, Cecil Bank will be deemed to have received it on the following Business Day.
Emails will be answered within a reasonable timeframe.
You should not rely on electronic mail if you need to communicate with Cecil Bank immediately (e.g., if you need to report an unauthorized transaction from one of your accounts, or if you need to stop a payment that is scheduled to occur). You agree that Cecil Bank may respond to you by electronic mail with regard to any matter related to the Service, including responding to any claim of unauthorized electronic funds transfer that you make. Any such electronic mail sent to you by Cecil Bank shall be considered received within three (3) days of the date sent by Cecil Bank, regardless of whether or not you sign on to the Service within that time frame.
Internet banking alerts allow you to set up automated alert events based on your own criteria. Alerts may be sent via email, in an online message box within Online Banking, or to a Mobile Device. Email alerts will be sent to the email address you provide in creating the alert.
- The bank may add or remove types of alerts from time to time.
- If you change your email address you are responsible for changing this in the alerts you have already set up.
- You agree that alerts may be delayed or prevented for a variety of reasons.
- We do not guarantee the delivery or validity of the contents of any alert.
- By using your handheld device’s text messaging capabilities, standard text messaging charges apply in accordance with your Service Agreement with your Mobile Service Provider. You agree that Cecil Bank is not responsible for any charges you may incur while using the Services and Software provided as part of this agreement.
- You agree that we shall not be liable for any delays, delivery failure or misdirected delivery of any alert.
- You agree that we shall not be liable for any actions taken or not taken by you or anyone else in reliance of an alert.
- The bank will never include your password or full account number in an email alert, however you understand that alerts may include your name and some information about your accounts.
- Unfulfilled events (events that do not happen) will only remain on the system for 999 days. You will not be notified when they are removed.
- Distributed events (events that have happened and have been viewed) will remain on the system for 30 days.
In addition to this Agreement, you and Cecil Bank agree to be bound by and comply with the requirements of the agreements applicable to each of your Online Accounts. Your use of the Online Banking service or the Online Bill Payment Service is your acknowledgment that you have received these agreements and intend to be bound by them. You should review other disclosures received by you when you open your accounts at Cecil Bank, including the charges that may be imposed for electronic funds transfers or the right to make transfers listed in the fee schedules accompanying those disclosures and the fee schedule at the end of this Agreement. We will automatically deduct any fees related to this Service from your Bill Pay Account each month. All terms and conditions of the disclosures provided to you at account opening, including but not limited to, the Truth in Savings, Regulation E Disclosure, Depositor’s Agreement and Terms and Conditions apply to this Service.
MODIFICATIONS TO THIS AGREEMENT
Cecil Bank may modify the terms and conditions applicable to either Service from time to time upon mailing or delivering a notice of the modifications to you at the address shown on our account records, and the revised terms and conditions shall be effective at the earliest date allowed by applicable law. We may send any notice to you via electronic mail and you will have been deemed to have received it three (3) days after it is sent. We reserve the right to terminate this Agreement and your use of the Services in whole or in part at any time without prior notice.
A copy of Cecil Bank ‘s Consumer Privacy Statement is available upon request at any of our branches, or can be mailed to you upon request by calling Cecil Bank at 410-398-1650, or writing a letter and sending it to:
Cecil Bank, Attention: Customer Service, 127 North St, P O Box 469, Elkton, MD 21922-0469.
You can also access our Policy online by clicking on the Privacy Notice link on the Cecil Bank Website (https://www.cecilbank.com). By registering for the Services as a new member, or registering for a new Service, or continuing to use the Services following your registration, you authorize the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information by Cecil Bank as provided under the then-current Cecil Bank Consumer Privacy Statement.
INACTIVITY / TERMINATION
You are responsible for complying with all the terms of this Agreement and with the terms of the agreement governing the deposit accounts which you access using electronic banking services. We can terminate your Online Banking privileges (including the Online Bill Payment Service) under this Agreement without notice to you for any reason; or if you do not pay any fee required by this Agreement when due, if you do not comply with the Agreement governing your deposit or loan accounts, or your accounts are not maintained in good standing. We will promptly notify you if we terminate this Agreement or your use of the services for any other reason. We may convert your account to inactive status if you do not sign on to the Service or have any transaction scheduled through the Service during any consecutive 180 day period. If your account is considered inactive, you must contact us to have the Service activated before you will be able to schedule any transaction through the Service.
To cancel the Online Banking and/or Online Bill Payment Service, you must notify Cecil Bank in writing. Your notification should include your name, address and the effective date to stop the service(s). When Online Bill Payment is terminated, any pre-scheduled bill payments made through Online Banking will also be terminated. Your final charge for the Bill Payment Service will be assessed at the end of your statement cycle. These written requests should be mailed to:
Cecil Bank, Attention: Customer Service 127 North St, P O Box 469, Elkton, MD 21922-0469
This Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Maryland and applicable federal law(s).
Cecil Bank offers the benefits and convenience of the Online Banking service to you at no monthly charge. Account research, stop payment charges and Online Bill Payment Services will be assessed at the rates published in Cecil Bank’s brochure and applicable account disclosures and deducted from your Bill Pay Account or another account you hold at Cecil Bank. These fees are subject to change. Cecil Bank will notify you in writing regarding any fee changes at least thirty (30) days in advance of the effective date of these changes.
Account to Account Transfer Terms of Service
[Note to Clients – Per our agreement, please do not change the Sections highlighted in green below without discussing the changes and reaching mutual agreement with us about them.]
- Introduction. This Account to Account Transfer Terms of Service document (hereinafter “Agreement”) is a contract between you and Cecil Bank (hereinafter “we” or “us”) in connection with the Account to Account Transfer Service (as defined below) offered through our online banking site or mobile applications (the “Site”). This Agreement applies to your use of the Account to Account Transfer Service and the portion of the Site through which the Account to Account Transfer Service is offered.
- Description of Account to Account Transfer Service. The Account to Account transfer service (the “Account to Account Transfer Service”) enables you to transfer funds between your Account(s) that you maintain with us on the one hand, and your Account(s) that are maintained by other financial institutions, on the other hand.
- “Account” means a checking, money market or savings account that is either an Eligible Transaction Account or External Account, as applicable.
- “ACH Network” means the funds transfer system, governed by the NACHA Rules, that provides funds transfer services to participating financial institutions.
- “Affiliates” are companies related by common ownership or control.
- “Business Day” is every Monday through Friday, excluding Federal Reserve holidays or other days that banks are legally closed.
- “Eligible Transaction Account” is a transaction account from which your transfers will be debited, your Account to Account Transfer Service fees, if any, will be automatically debited, or to which transfers and credits to you will be credited, that is eligible for the Account to Account Transfer Service. An Eligible Transaction Account shall be limited to a checking, money market or savings account that you hold with us.
- “External Account” is your account at another financial institution (i) to which you are transferring funds from your Eligible Transaction Account; or (ii) from which you are transferring funds to your Eligible Transaction Account.
- “Payment Network” means a debit or credit network (such as the ACH Network or ACCEL / Exchange payment network) through which funds may be transferred.
- “Service Provider” means companies that we have engaged (and their Affiliates) to render some or all of the Account to Account Transfer Service to you on our behalf.
- “Transfer Instruction” is a specific information provided for a transfer to be made that you provide to the Account to Account Transfer Service for a transfer of funds.
- Service Providers. We are offering you the Account to Account Transfer Service through one or more Service Providers that we have engaged to render some or all of the Account to Account Transfer Service to you on our behalf. However, notwithstanding that we have engaged such a Service Provider to render some or all of the Account to Account Transfer Service to you, we are the sole party liable to you for any payments or transfers conducted using the Account to Account Transfer Service and we are solely responsible to you and any third party to the extent any liability attaches in connection with the Account to Account Transfer Service. You agree that we have the right under this Agreement to delegate to Service Providers all of the rights and performance obligations that we have under this Agreement, and that the Service Providers will be third party beneficiaries of this Agreement and will be entitled to all the rights and protections that this Agreement provides to us.
- Authorization and Processing.
- You represent and warrant that you are either the sole owner or a joint owner of the Eligible Transaction Account and the External Account and that you have all necessary legal right, power and authority to transfer funds between the Eligible Transaction Account and the External Account. If you are a joint owner of the Eligible Transaction Account, External Account, or both, then you represent and warrant that (i) you have been authorized by all of the other joint owners to operate such Accounts without their consent (including without limitation to withdraw or deposit any amount of funds to such Accounts or to even withdraw all funds from such Accounts); and (ii) we may act on your instructions regarding such Accounts without liability to such other joint owners. Further, you represent and warrant that the External Account is located in the United States.
- When we receive a Transfer Instruction from you, you authorize us to (i) debit your Eligible Transaction Account and remit funds on your behalf to the External Account designated by you and to debit your applicable Account as described below in Section 9 (Account to Account Transfer Service Fees and Additional Charges); or, as applicable, to (ii) credit your Eligible Transaction Account and remit funds on your behalf from the External Account designated by you and to debit your applicable Account as described below in Section 9 (Account to Account Transfer Service Fees and Additional Charges). You also authorize us to reverse a transfer from the applicable Account if the debit is returned from the other Account in the transaction for any reason, including but not limited to nonsufficient funds.
- We will use reasonable efforts to make all your transfers properly. However, we shall incur no liability if we are unable to complete any transfers initiated by you because of the existence of any one or more of the following circumstances:
- If, through no fault of ours, the Eligible Transaction Account or External Account does not contain sufficient funds to complete the transfer or the transfer would exceed the credit limit of your overdraft account;
- The Account to Account Transfer Service is not working properly and you know or have been advised by us about the malfunction before you execute the transaction;
- The transfer is refused as described in Section 10 (Refused Transfers) below;
- You have not provided us with the correct information, including but not limited to the correct Eligible Transaction Account or External Account information; and/or,
- Circumstances beyond our control (such as, but not limited to, fire, flood, network or system down time, issues with the financial institution(s), or interference from an outside force) prevent the proper execution of the transfer and we have taken reasonable precautions to avoid those circumstances.
- It is your responsibility to ensure the accuracy of any information that you enter into the Account to Account Transfer Service, and for informing us as soon as possible if you become aware that this information is inaccurate. You may not use a P.O. Box as a postal address. We will make a reasonable effort to stop or recover a transfer made to the wrong Account once informed, but we do not guarantee such recovery and will bear no responsibility or liability for damages resulting from incorrect information entered by you.
- Transfer Methods and Amounts. There are limits on the amount of money you can send or receive through our Account to Account Transfer Service. Your limits may be adjusted from time-to-time in our sole discretion. You may have the ability to log in to the Site to view your individual transaction limits. We or our Service Provider also reserve the right to select the method in which to remit funds on your behalf though the Account to Account Transfer Service, and in the event that your Eligible Transaction Account is closed or otherwise unavailable to us the method to return funds to you.
- Transfer Cancellation Requests. You may cancel a transfer at any time until it begins processing (as shown in the Account to Account Transfer Service). We will, to the extent permitted by law, make reasonable attempts to return any unclaimed, refused, refunded, prohibited, or denied transfer to your Account that we debited for the funds transfer. If this is unsuccessful (for example, the Eligible Transaction Account has been closed) we will make reasonable attempts to otherwise return the funds to you.
- Stop Transfer Requests. If you desire to stop any transfer that has already been processed, you must contact customer care for the Account to Account Transfer Service pursuant to Section 26 (Errors, Questions, and Complaints). Although we will make a reasonable effort to accommodate your request, we will have no liability for failing to do so. We may also require you to present your request in writing within fourteen (14) days. The charge for each request will be the current charge for such service as set out in the applicable fee schedule.
- Account to Account Transfer Service Fees and Additional Charges. You are responsible for paying all fees associated with your use of the Account to Account Transfer Service. Applicable fees will be disclosed in the user interface for, or elsewhere within, the Account to Account Transfer Service or Site. Any applicable fees will be charged regardless of whether the Account to Account Transfer Service was used, except for fees that are specifically use-based. Use-based fees for the Account to Account Transfer Service will be charged against the Account that is debited for the funds transfer. There may also be charges for additional transactions and other optional services. You agree to pay such charges and authorize us to deduct the calculated amount from the applicable Eligible Transaction Account you hold with us or the Account that is debited for the funds transfer, depending on how such charges are described in the user interface for the Account to Account Transfer Service. Any financial fees associated with your standard deposit accounts will continue to apply. You are responsible for any and all telephone access fees and Internet service fees that may be assessed by your telephone and Internet service provider. Section 22 (Failed Or Returned Transfer Instructions) applies if you do not pay our fees and charges for the Account to Account Transfer Service, including without limitation if we debit the External Account for such fees, as described in this Section, and there are insufficient fees in the External Account; Section 22 (Failed Or Returned Transfer Instructions) should be interpreted as applying to the External Account, not just the Eligible Transaction Account, in such circumstances.
- Refused Transfers. We reserve the right to refuse any transfer. As required by applicable law, we will notify you promptly if we decide to refuse to transfer funds.
- Returned Transfers. In using the Account to Account Transfer Service, you understand transfers may be returned for various reasons such as, but not limited to, the External Account number is not valid. We will use reasonable efforts to research and correct the transfer to the intended Account or void the transfer and credit your Account from which you attempted to transfer funds. You may receive notification from us.
- Notices to Us Regarding the Account to Account Transfer Service. Except as otherwise stated below, notice to us concerning the Site or the Account to Account Transfer Service must be sent by postal mail to:127 North Street, P.O. Box 469, Elkton, MD 21922-0469. We may also be reached at 410-398-1650 for questions and other purposes concerning the Account to Account Transfer Service. We will act on your telephone calls as described below in Section 26 (Errors, Questions, and Complaints), but otherwise, such telephone calls will not constitute legal notices under this Agreement.
- Notices to You. You agree that we may provide notice to you by posting it on the Site, sending you an in-product message within the Account to Account Transfer Service, emailing it to an email address that you have provided us, mailing it to any postal address that you have provided us, or by sending it as a text message to any mobile phone number that you have provided us, including but not limited to the mobile phone number that you have listed in your Account to Account Transfer Service setup or customer profile. For example, users of the Account to Account Transfer Service may receive certain notices (such as notices of processed Transfer Instructions, alerts for validation and notices of receipt of transfers) as text messages on their mobile phones. All notices by any of these methods shall be deemed received by you no later than twenty-four (24) hours after they are sent or posted, except for notice by postal mail, which shall be deemed received by you no later than three (3) Business Days after it is mailed. You may request a paper copy of any legally required disclosures and you may terminate your consent to receive required disclosures through electronic communications by contacting us as described in Section 12 (Notices to Us Regarding the Account to Account Transfer Service) above. We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable fee not to exceed twenty dollars ($20.00) to respond to each such request. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Account to Account Transfer Service if you withdraw your consent to receive electronic communications.
- Receipts and Transaction History. You may view your transaction history by logging into the Account to Account Transfer Service and looking at your transaction history. You agree to review your transactions by this method instead of receiving receipts by mail.
- Eligibility. The Account to Account Transfer Service is offered only to individual residents of the United States who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, the Account to Account Transfer Service is not offered to minors unless the minor is using an Eligible Transaction Account in the name of the minor with a parent or guardian as a co-signor or guarantor. By using the Account to Account Transfer Service, you represent that you meet these requirements and that you agree to be bound by this Agreement.
- Prohibited Transfers. The following types of transfers are prohibited through the Account to Account Transfer Service, and we have the right but not the obligation to monitor for, block, cancel and/or reverse such transfers:
- Transfers to or from persons or entities located in prohibited territories (including any territory outside of the United States); and
- Transfers that violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; and
- Transfers that violate the Acceptable Use terms in Section 19 (Acceptable Use) below; and
- Transfers related to: (1) tobacco products, (2) prescription drugs and devices; (3) narcotics, steroids, controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety; (4) drug paraphernalia; (5) ammunition, firearms, or firearm parts or related accessories; (6) weapons or knives regulated under applicable law; (7) goods or services that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity; (8) goods or services that are sexually oriented; (9) goods or services that promote hate, violence, racial intolerance, or the financial exploitation of a crime; (10) goods or services that defame, abuse, harass or threaten others; (11) goods or services that include any language or images that are bigoted, hateful, racially offensive, vulgar, obscene, indecent or discourteous; (12) goods or services that advertise, sell to, or solicit others; or (13) goods or services that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy, or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction; and
- Transfers related to gambling, gaming and/or any other activity with an entry fee and a prize, including, but not limited to, casino games, sports betting, horse or dog racing, lottery tickets, other ventures that facilitate gambling, games of skill (whether or not it is legally defined as a lottery) and sweepstakes; and
- Transfers relating to transactions that (1) support pyramid or ponzi schemes, matrix programs, other “get rich quick” schemes or multi-level marketing programs, (2) are associated with purchases of real property, annuities or lottery contracts, lay-away systems, off-shore banking or transactions to finance or refinance debts funded by a credit card, (3) are for the sale of items before the seller has control or possession of the item, (4) constitute money-laundering or terrorist financing, (5) are associated with the following “money service business” activities: the sale of traveler’s checks or money orders, currency dealers or exchanges, or check cashing, or (6) provide credit repair or debt settlement services; and
- Transfers relating to tax payments and court ordered payments.
Except as required by applicable law, in no event shall we or our Service Providers be liable for any claims or damages resulting from your scheduling of prohibited transfers. We encourage you to provide notice to us by the methods described in Section 12 (Notices to Us Regarding the Account to Account Transfer Service) above of any violations of the Agreement generally.
- Acceptable Use. You agree that you are independently responsible for complying with all applicable laws in all of your activities related to your use of the Account to Account Transfer Service, regardless of the purpose of the use, and for all communications you send through the Account to Account Transfer Service. We and our Service Providers have the right but not the obligation to monitor and remove communications content that we find in our sole discretion to be objectionable in any way. In addition, you are prohibited from using the Account to Account Transfer Service for communications or activities that: (a) violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (b) promote hate, violence, racial intolerance, or the financial exploitation of a crime; (c) defame, abuse, harass or threaten others; (d) include any language or images that are bigoted, hateful, racially offensive, vulgar, obscene, indecent or discourteous; (e) infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction; (f) impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (g) facilitate any viruses, trojan horses, worms or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information; (h) constitute use of any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy the Account to Account Transfer Service or the portion of the Site through which the Account to Account Transfer Service is offered without our prior written permission; (i) constitute use of any device, software or routine to bypass technology protecting the Site or Account to Account Transfer Service, or interfere or attempt to interfere, with the Site or the Account to Account Transfer Service; or (j) may cause us or our Service Providers to lose any of the services from our internet service providers, payment processors, or other vendors. We encourage you to provide notice to us by the methods described in Section 12 (Notices to Us Regarding the Account to Account Transfer Service) above of any violations of the Agreement generally.
- Your Liability for Unauthorized Transfers. Immediately following your discovery of an unauthorized Transfer Instruction, you shall communicate with customer care for the Account to Account Transfer Service in the manner set forth in Section 12 (Notices to Us Regarding the Account to Account Transfer Service) above. You acknowledge and agree that time is of the essence in such situations. If you tell us within two (2) Business Days after you discover your password or other means to access your account through which you access the Account to Account Transfer Service has been lost or stolen, your liability is no more than $50.00 should someone access your account without your permission. If you do not tell us within two (2) Business Days after you learn of such loss or theft, and we can prove that we could have prevented the unauthorized use of your password or other means to access your account if you had told us, you could be liable for as much as $500.00. If your monthly financial institution statement contains transfers that you did not authorize, you must tell us at once. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after the statement was sent to you, you may lose any amount transferred without your authorization after the sixty (60) days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money had you told us in time. If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) prevented you from telling us, we may in our sole discretion extend the period.
- Taxes. It is your responsibility to determine what, if any, taxes apply to the transactions you make or receive, and it is your responsibility to collect, report and remit the correct tax to the appropriate tax authority. We are not responsible for determining whether taxes apply to your transaction, or for collecting, reporting or remitting any taxes arising from any transaction.
- Failed or Returned Transfer Instructions. In using the Account to Account Transfer Service, you are requesting that we or our Service Provider attempt to make transfers for you from your Eligible Transaction Account. If the Transfer Instruction cannot be completed for any reason associated with your Eligible Transaction Account (for example, there are insufficient funds in your Eligible Transaction Account, or the Transfer Instruction would exceed the credit or overdraft protection limit of your Eligible Transaction Account, to cover the transfer), the Transfer Instruction may or may not be completed. In certain circumstances, our Service Provider may either advance funds drawn on their corporate account or via an electronic debit, and in such circumstances will attempt to debit the Eligible Transaction Account a second time to complete the Transfer Instruction. In some instances, you will receive a return notice from us or our Service Provider. In each such case, you agree that:
- You will reimburse our Service Provider immediately upon demand the amount of the Transfer Instruction if the transfer has been delivered but there are insufficient funds in, or insufficient overdraft credits associated with, your Eligible Transaction Account to allow the debit processing to be completed;
- You may be assessed a late fee equal to one and a half percent (1.5%) of any unpaid amounts plus costs of collection by our Service Provider or their third-party contractor if the Transfer Instruction cannot be debited because you have insufficient funds in your Eligible Transaction Account, or the transaction would exceed the credit or overdraft protection limit of your Eligible Transaction Account, to cover the transfer, or if the funds cannot otherwise be collected from you. The aforesaid amounts will be charged in addition to any NSF charges that may be assessed by us, as set forth in your fee schedule from us (including as disclosed on the Site) or your account agreement with us. You hereby authorize us and our Service Provider to deduct all of these amounts from your designated Eligible Transaction Account, including by ACH debit;
- Service Provider is authorized to report the facts concerning the return to any credit reporting agency.
- Address or Banking Changes. It is your sole responsibility and you agree to ensure that the contact information in your user profile is current and accurate. This includes, but is not limited to, name, physical address, phone numbers and email addresses. Depending on the Account to Account Transfer Service, changes may be able to be made within the user interface of the Account to Account Transfer Service or by contacting customer care for the Account to Account Transfer Service as set forth in Section 12 (Notices to Us Regarding the Account to Account Transfer Service) above. We are not responsible for any payment processing errors or fees incurred if you do not provide accurate Eligible Transaction Account, Transfer Instructions or contact information.
- Mobile Subscriber Information. You authorize your wireless carrier to disclose information about your account, such as subscriber status, payment method and device details, if available, to support identity verification, fraud avoidance and other uses in support of transactions for the duration of your business relationship with us. This information may also be shared with other companies to support your transactions with us and for identity verification and fraud avoidance purposes.
- Device Data. We may share certain personal information and device-identifying technical data about you and your devices with third party service providers, who will compare and add device data and fraud data from and about you to a database of similar device and fraud information in order to provide fraud management and prevention services, which include but are not limited to identifying and blocking access to the applicable service or Web site by devices associated with fraudulent or abusive activity. Such information may be used by us and our third party service providers to provide similar fraud management and prevention services for services or Web sites not provided by us. We will not share with service providers any information that personally identifies the user of the applicable device.
- Account to Account Transfer Service Termination, Cancellation, or Suspension. If you wish to cancel the Account to Account Transfer Service, you may contact us as set forth in Section 12 (Notices to Us Regarding the Account to Account Transfer Service) above. Any transfer(s) that have begun processing before the requested cancellation date will be processed by us. You agree that we may terminate or suspend your use of the Account to Account Transfer Service at any time and for any reason or no reason. Neither termination, cancellation nor suspension shall affect your liability or obligations under this Agreement.
- Errors, Questions, and Complaints.
- In case of errors or questions about your transactions, you should as soon as possible contact us as set forth in Section 12 (Notices to Us Regarding the Account to Account Transfer Service) above.
- If you think your periodic statement for your account is incorrect or you need more information about a transaction listed in the periodic statement for your account, we must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after we send you the applicable periodic statement for your account that identifies the error. You must:
- Tell us your name;
- Describe the error or the transaction in question, and explain as clearly as possible why you believe it is an error or why you need more information; and,
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
- If you tell us orally, we may require that you send your complaint in writing within ten (10) Business Days after your oral notification. Except as described below, we will determine whether an error occurred within ten (10) Business Days after you notify us of the error. We will tell you the results of our investigation within three (3) Business Days after we complete our investigation of the error, and will correct any error promptly. However, if we require more time to confirm the nature of your complaint or question, we reserve the right to take up to forty-five (45) days to complete our investigation. If we decide to do this, we will provisionally credit your Eligible Transaction Account within ten (10) Business Days for the amount you think is in error. If we ask you to submit your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within ten (10) Business Days, we may not provisionally credit your Eligible Transaction Account. If it is determined there was no error we will mail you a written explanation within three (3) Business Days after completion of our investigation. You may ask for copies of documents used in our investigation. We may revoke any provisional credit provided to you if we find an error did not occur.
- Intellectual Property. All marks and logos related to the Account to Account Transfer Service are either trademarks or registered trademarks of us or our licensors. In addition, all page headers, custom graphics, button icons, and scripts are our service marks, trademarks, and/or trade dress or those of our licensors. You may not copy, imitate, or use any of the above without our prior written consent, which we may withhold in our sole discretion, and you may not use them in a manner that is disparaging to us or the Account to Account Transfer Service or display them in any manner that implies our sponsorship or endorsement. All right, title and interest in and to the Account to Account Transfer Service, the portion of the Site through which the Account to Account Transfer Service is offered, the technology related to the Site and Account to Account Transfer Service, and any and all technology and any content created or derived from any of the foregoing, is our exclusive property or that of our licensors. Moreover, any suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts, or other information you may send to us through or regarding the Site or Account to Account Transfer Service shall be considered an uncompensated contribution of intellectual property to us and our licensors, shall also be deemed our and our licensors’ exclusive intellectual property, and shall not be subject to any obligation of confidentiality on our part. By submitting any such materials to us, you automatically grant (or warrant that the owner of such materials has expressly granted) to us and our licensors a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and display, create derivative works from and distribute such materials or incorporate such materials into any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed, and you warrant that all so-called “moral rights” in those materials have been waived, and you warrant that you have the right to make these warranties and transfers of rights.
- Links and Frames. Links to other sites may be provided on the portion of the Site through which the Account to Account Transfer Service is offered for your convenience. By providing these links, we are not endorsing, sponsoring or recommending such sites or the materials disseminated by or services provided by them, and are not responsible for the materials, services or other situations at or related to or from any other site, and make no representations concerning the content of sites listed in any of the Account to Account Transfer Service web pages. Consequently, we cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, relevancy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in sites listed in any search results or otherwise linked to the Site. For example, if you “click” on a banner advertisement or a search result, your “click” may take you off the Site. This may include links from advertisers, sponsors, and content partners that may use our logo(s) as part of a co-branding agreement. These other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, solicit personal information, or contain information that you may find inappropriate or offensive. In addition, advertisers on the Site may send cookies to users that we do not control. You may link to the home page of our Site. However, you may not link to other pages of our Site without our express written permission. You also may not “frame” material on our Site without our express written permission. We reserve the right to disable links from any third party sites to the Site.
- Password and Security. If you are issued or create any password or other credentials to access the Account to Account Transfer Service or the portion of the Site through which the Account to Account Transfer Service is offered, you agree not to give or make available your password or credentials to any unauthorized individuals, and you agree to be responsible for all actions taken by anyone to whom you have provided such credentials. If you believe that your credentials have been lost or stolen or that someone may attempt to use them to access the Site or Account to Account Transfer Service without your consent, you must inform us at once at the telephone number provided in Section 12 (Notices to Us Regarding the Account to Account Transfer Service) above. See also Section 20 (Your Liability for Unauthorized Transfers) above regarding how the timeliness of your notice impacts your liability for unauthorized transfers.
- Amendments. We may amend this Agreement and any applicable fees and charges for the Account to Account Transfer Service at any time by posting a revised version on the Site. The revised version will be effective at the time it is posted unless a delayed effective date is expressly stated in the revision. Any use of the Account to Account Transfer Service after a notice of change or after the posting of a revised version of this Agreement on the Site will constitute your agreement to such changes and revised versions. Further, we may, from time to time, revise, update, upgrade or enhance the Account to Account Transfer Service and/or related applications or material, which may render all such prior versions obsolete. Consequently, we reserve the right to terminate this Agreement as to all such prior versions of the Account to Account Transfer Service, and/or related applications and material, and limit access to only the Account to Account Transfer Service’s more recent revisions, updates, upgrades or enhancements.
- Our Relationship With You. We are an independent contractor for all purposes, except that we act as your agent with respect to the custody of your funds for the Account to Account Transfer Service. We do not have control of, or liability for, any products or services that are paid for with our Account to Account Transfer Service. We also do not guarantee the identity of any user of the Account to Account Transfer Service (including but not limited to recipients to whom you send transfers).
- Assignment. You may not transfer or assign any rights or obligations you have under this Agreement without our prior written consent, which we may withhold in our sole discretion. We reserve the right to transfer or assign this Agreement or any right or obligation under this Agreement at any time to any party. We may also assign or delegate certain of our rights and responsibilities under this Agreement to independent contractors or other third parties.
- Remedies. If we have reason to believe that you have engaged in any of the prohibited or unauthorized activities described in this Agreement or have otherwise breached your obligations under this Agreement, we may terminate, suspend or limit your access to or use of the Site or the Account to Account Transfer Service; notify law enforcement, regulatory authorities, impacted third parties, and others as we deem appropriate; refuse to provide our services to you in the future; and/or take legal action against you. In addition, we, in our sole discretion, reserve the right to terminate this Agreement, access to the Site and/or use of the Account to Account Transfer Service for any reason or no reason and at any time. The remedies contained in this Section 33 are cumulative and are in addition to the other rights and remedies available to us under this Agreement, by law or otherwise.
- Disputes. In the event of a dispute regarding the Account to Account Transfer Service, you and we agree to resolve the dispute by looking to this Agreement.
- Arbitration. For any claim (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) where the total amount of the award sought is less than $10,000.00 USD, the party requesting relief may elect to resolve the dispute in a cost effective manner through binding non-appearance-based arbitration. If a party elects arbitration, that party will initiate such arbitration through Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services (“JAMS”), the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), or an established alternative dispute resolution (ADR) administrator mutually agreed upon by the parties. The parties agree that the following rules shall apply: (a) the arbitration may be conducted telephonically, online and/or be solely based on written submissions, at the election of the party initiating the arbitration; (b) the arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties, their representatives or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; (c) discovery shall not be permitted; (d) the matter shall be submitted for decision within ninety (90) days of initiation of arbitration, unless otherwise agreed by the parties, and the arbitrator must render a decision within thirty (30) days of submission; and (e) any award in such arbitration shall be final and binding upon the parties and may be submitted to any court of competent jurisdiction for confirmation. The parties acknowledge that remedies available under federal, state and local laws remain available through arbitration. NO CLASS ACTION, OTHER REPRESENTATIVE ACTION, OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION, OR JOINDER OR CONSOLIDATION OF ANY CLAIM WITH A CLAIM OF ANOTHER PERSON SHALL BE ALLOWABLE IN ARBITRATION.
- Law and Forum for Disputes. Unless our account agreement with you states otherwise, this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State in which you reside, without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. To the extent that the terms of this Agreement conflict with applicable state or federal law, such state or federal law shall replace such conflicting terms only to the extent required by law. Unless expressly stated otherwise, all other terms of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. Unless our account agreement with you states otherwise, you agree that any claim or dispute you may have against us (other than those which are arbitrated under Section 35 (Arbitration) above) must be resolved by a court located in the county in which you reside. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating all claims or disputes unless said claim is submitted to arbitration under Section 35 (Arbitration) of this Agreement. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not apply to this Agreement. Both parties agree to waive any right to have a jury participate in the resolution of any dispute or claim between the parties or any of their respective Affiliates arising under this Agreement.
- Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless us and our Affiliates and Service Providers and their Affiliates and the employees and contractors of each of these, from any loss, damage, claim or demand (including attorney’s fees) made or incurred by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement and/or your use of the Site or the applicable Account to Account Transfer Service.
- Release. You release us and our Affiliates and Service Providers and the employees and contractors of each of these, from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature arising out of or in any way connected with any dispute that may arise between you or one or more other users of the Site or the applicable Account to Account Transfer Service. In addition, if applicable to you, you waive California Civil Code §1542, which states that a general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if not known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.
- No Waiver. We shall not be deemed to have waived any rights or remedies hereunder unless such waiver is in writing and signed by one of our authorized representatives. No delay or omission on our part in exercising any rights or remedies shall operate as a waiver of such rights or remedies or any other rights or remedies. A waiver on any one occasion shall not be construed as a bar or waiver of any rights or remedies on future occasions.
- Exclusions of Warranties. THE SITE AND ACCOUNT TO ACCOUNT TRANSFER SERVICE AND RELATED DOCUMENTATION ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN PARTICULAR, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE ACCESS TO ANY PART OF OUR ACCOUNT TO ACCOUNT TRANSFER SERVICE, AND OPERATION OF OUR SITE MAY BE INTERFERED WITH BY NUMEROUS FACTORS OUTSIDE OF OUR CONTROL. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS PARAGRAPH GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
- Limitation of Liability. THE FOREGOING SHALL CONSTITUTE YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF US AND OUR AFFILIATES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS AND THE EMPLOYEES AND CONTRACTORS OF EACH OF THESE, FOR THE ACCOUNT TO ACCOUNT TRANSFER SERVICE AND THE PORTION OF THE SITE THROUGH WHICH THE ACCOUNT TO ACCOUNT TRANSFER SERVICE IS OFFERED. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT FROM TIME TO TIME, THE ACCOUNT TO ACCOUNT TRANSFER SERVICE MAY BE DELAYED, INTERRUPTED OR DISRUPTED PERIODICALLY FOR AN INDETERMINATE AMOUNT OF TIME DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY INTERRUPTION, DISRUPTION OR FAILURE IN THE PROVISION OF THE ACCOUNT TO ACCOUNT TRANSFER SERVICE, WHETHER CAUSED BY STRIKES, POWER FAILURES, EQUIPMENT MALFUNCTIONS INTERNET DISRUPTION OR OTHER REASONS. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES OR SERVICE PROVIDERS OR THE EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS OF ANY OF THESE, BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE ACCOUNT TO ACCOUNT TRANSFER SERVICE CAUSED BY OR ARISING OUT OF ANY SUCH DELAY, INTERRUPTION, DISRUPTION OR SIMILAR FAILURE. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES OR SERVICE PROVIDERS OR THE EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS OF ANY OF THESE, BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF GOODWILL OR LOST PROFITS (EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE INSTALLATION, USE, OR MAINTENANCE OF THE ACCOUNT TO ACCOUNT TRANSFER SERVICE OR THE PORTION OF THE SITE THROUGH WHICH THE ACCOUNT TO ACCOUNT TRANSFER SERVICE IS OFFERED, EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES WERE REASONABLY FORESEEABLE AND NOTICE WAS GIVEN REGARDING THEM. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES OR SERVICE PROVIDERS OR THE EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS OF ANY OF THESE BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE ACCOUNT TO ACCOUNT TRANSFER SERVICE OR THE PORTION OF THE SITE THROUGH WHICH THE ACCOUNT TO ACCOUNT TRANSFER SERVICE IS OFFERED THAT YOU DO NOT STATE IN WRITING IN A COMPLAINT FILED IN A COURT OR ARBITRATION PROCEEDING AS DESCRIBED IN SECTIONS 35 AND 36 ABOVE WITHIN TWO (2) YEARS OF THE DATE THAT THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM OCCURRED. THESE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY TO ALL CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER ARISING FROM BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY, AND THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF OUR AFFILIATES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS AND THE EMPLOYEES AND CONTRACTORS OF EACH OF THESE, TO YOU AND ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OR OBLIGATIONS RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO DIRECT OUT OF POCKET DAMAGES UP TO A MAXIMUM OF $500 (FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS). SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
CLICK HERE for important information from independent auditors.