Online Banking Disclosures
Deposit Account Transfers
Transfers initiated on Monday through Thursday before 9:00 p.m. EST on a business day we are open, will be effective on the same day. However, transfers initiated after 9:00 p.m. EST or on a day we are not open, will be effective on the next business day we are open.
Transfers initiated on Friday before 10:00 p.m. EST on a business day we are open, will be effective on the same day. However, transfers initiated after 10:00 p.m. EST or on a day we are not open, will be effective on the next business day we are open.
Transfers initiated on Saturday before 6:00 p.m. EST on a business day we are open, will be effective on the same day. However, transfers initiated after 6:00 p.m. EST or on a day we are not open, will be effective on the next business day we are open.
Check and Deposit Slip Reorder Request
By submitting your reorder request, you authorize Cecil Bank to forward this request to our third party check provider. Your account will be debited for the cost of the checks that you have ordered at the then current prices for the style that you currently have and for the quantity that you have ordered. For the personal checking product, the quantity is 150 checks per box. If you wish to change any features of your checks, please call us at 410-398-2966 or contact your local branch office.
In the event that there are not enough funds in the account when the charge for the check order is processed, an overdraft service fee may be applied.
Check Copy Request - Terms and Conditions
Copies of checks, both front and back, are readily available from the Bank. Come into your nearest branch and they can provide you with a copy of your check. There will be no charge for this service for the first two check requests per month.
Additional copies of checks will be provided at a charge of $3.00 per copy. Up to two months of history is available at the branch in most cases.
Earlier history items can be ordered but is not readily available at the branch.
If you are not able to locate the original check returned with your monthly statement, or if you need a copy of a paid official bank check, please submit your request on the secure form and include any other information that would be helpful in the Remarks box. In most cases, your request should be completed within a week. There will be no charge for this service for the first two check requests per month. Copy requests in excess of this limit will be $3.00 per copy.
Terms and Conditions for placing a Stop Payment through secure Internet Banking
You can make a stop payment on a Cecil Bank online. Your stop payment must be received by 2:00 pm in order to be processed the same business day. Stop payments received after 2:00 pm or on Saturday, Sunday or a Federal holiday will be processed the next business day. Our business days are Monday through Friday except Federal holidays.
By accepting the terms and conditions and submitting the request form online, the account owner (sole or joint owner) authorizes Cecil Bank (the Bank) to place a stop on the indicated check or range of checks and authorizes the Bank to return any items as requested. The Bank will act upon this request when received. Any items requested to have a stop placed on them that have paid when this request is received cannot be returned.
If this request concerns an Automated Clearing House (ACH) direct debit item, the Bank will endeavor to place the stop payment on our system to identify the transaction in question. Unlike a stop payment on a check or range of checks which can be definitively identified, an ACH transaction creates a unique and new transaction each time it is sent. The best course of action is to request that the direct debits from your account be stopped by contacting the company or entity sending us the request.
If this request concerns a transaction on your MasterMoney Debit card, please contact us at 410-642-2300 for additional information.
The account owner agrees to hold the Bank harmless for any actions relating to the request for stop payment of any items listed.
There is a $20.00 charge for each stop payment placed on any individual check or uninterrupted range of checks or ACH item.
To Make a Payment on Your Cecil Bank Loan
To pay off a Cecil Bank Loan, contact our Loan Department at 410-398-1650.
You can make a regular payment due on Cecil Bank online. Your payment must be received by 2:00 pm in order to be processed the same business day. Payments received after 2:00 pm or on Saturday, Sunday or a Federal holiday will be processed the next business day. Our business days are Monday through Friday except Federal holidays.
In order to insure that your payment is posted by the due date, please schedule your payment at least two business days prior to the due date. Payments are subject to funds being available in your account.
If paying your Cecil Bank loan with a checking account from another Financial Institution you will need to provide the payment amount, your "Account Routing Number" and your "Checking Account Number".
If any electronic payment is returned unpaid by your financial institution for any reason, we may charge and you agree to pay a returned payment fee and you may also be charged late fees based on the terms and conditions of your loan agreement.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions, I authorize Cecil Bank to initiate, and my financial institution to honor, an electronic payment from my bank account listed above.
Pay Your Loan via ACH Agreement
By submitting the electronic Pay Your Loan request, I agree to the following: I understand I am giving my authorization to initiate a one time transfer from my account at another Financial Institution, residing in the United States, to my loan with Cecil Bank, as indicated in the form, via the Automated Clearing House (ACH) system. I understand the exact information is necessary for this ACH transfer to be completed successfully. The Bank will not be responsible for failing to complete the ACH transfer if I give the Bank incorrect information.
I also understand the Bank will keep an electronic record of my request. I may obtain a copy of this record for a fee by contacting Cecil Bank. I understand that fees associated with the transfer are non-refundable.
I understand this request will be processed within two business days of my chosen Processing Date, and my request may take up to two business days to become effective. I understand that a fee will be assessed to my account if the transfer is returned unpaid for insufficient or uncollected funds. I understand it is my responsibility to update Cecil Bank regarding changes to my personal information including, but not limited to, my address, phone number, and email address. If I do not notify the Bank of my changes, I may not receive important notices regarding my account (s) and this request.
The Bank will not be liable for ACH transfers contrary to this request unless the transfer is caused by the Bank’s negligence and causes actual loss to me. The Bank’s liability shall not exceed the amount of the ACH transfer request in any event. I agree to reimburse the Bank for any loss it sustains honoring this request.
Regularly scheduled payments to a Cecil Bank loan may be made through the Service. Your payment must be received by 2:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) in order to be processed the same business day. Payments received after 2:00 p.m. or on Saturday, Sunday or a federal holiday will be processed the next business day. Our business days are Monday through Friday except for federal holidays.
In order to insure that your payment is posted by the due date, please schedule your payment to be initiated at least two business days prior to the due date. Payments are subject to funds being available in your account at the time the withdrawal is posted.
To payoff your loan with Cecil Bank, you must contact the loan department at 410-398-1650.
Provisions Applicable To All Internal And External Funds Transfers:
I do hereby authorize and direct Cecil Bank (Bank) to execute Online External Transfers in accordance with the Bank’s instructions as indicated below.
I authorize the Bank to withdraw from the account that I have designated the amount specified to be transferred and to transfer this amount to the recipient account as specified to the Bank by me. I have reviewed my request and I certify that I have authority over the account to be debited. If I am not the owner of the account, I certify that I have permission of the owner of the account to transfer funds between the accounts. I understand that two amounts under $1.00 each will be deposited into the external account as a test and that these amounts will be needed to validate the external account before any transfers can be made.
I am aware that once initiated, the transfer will remain in process until fully processed. If the scheduled transfer is on a recurring basis, the transfer will continue until either the specified end date or the number of occurrences. If at the time of the specified transfer, funds are not available in the designated account(s), the scheduled transfer will not be completed and fees for insufficient funds will be charged.
I understand that my scheduled transfer will be processed through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) system and may take up to three (3) business days to complete and that funds may not be available for use in the account specified for deposit until the third business day after the scheduled transfer date.
You can make a regular external transfer on Cecil Bank online. Your external transfer must be received by 2:00 pm in order to be processed the same business day. External transfers received after 2:00 pm or on Saturday, Sunday or a Federal holiday will be processed the next business day. Our business days are Monday through Friday except Federal holidays.
I hereby assume sole responsibility for any transfer of funds executed by the Bank that I have initiated. I agree to indemnify and hold the Bank harmless against any loss, cost, damage, liability or expense, including legal expenses, arising out of any and all transfers and other actions taken by the Bank in accordance with its operating procedures.
You agree that you will not initiate any funds transfer request that would cause the account balance to be less than $0. You agree that Bank may act upon any funds transfer request that Bank reasonably believes is initiated or directed by an authorized person. Bank may reject any funds transfer request, which exceeds the collected and available funds on deposit with Bank in the applicable account. The Bank may, in its sole discretion, permit an overdraft to complete a funds transfer, and you agree to repay Bank immediately the amount of the overdraft plus any applicable fee. Bank is not obligated, however, to permit any further overdrafts or to give any notice that further overdrafts will not be permitted, regardless of how many overdrafts may have been permitted previously. You have no right to cancel or modify a funds transfer request after its receipt by Bank. Bank, in its sole discretion, may make reasonable efforts to cancel or modify the transaction if Bank has not yet acted upon the request. You acknowledge and agree that this Bank and any intermediary bank may rely solely on the transfer information provided by the Client, including bank identification numbers and account numbers, that identifies an intermediary bank or beneficiary bank in any funds transfer request, even if such number identifies a bank different from the intermediary bank or beneficiary bank identified by name in the external funds transfer order, and you agree that neither this Bank nor any intermediary bank shall have any duty to identify any inconsistency in identification.
YOU AGREE TO PROMPTLY NOTIFY BANK IN THE EVENT THAT YOU HAVE REASON TO BELIEVE THAT ANY FUNDS TRANSFER TO ANY EXTERNAL ACCOUNT WAS NOT COMPLETED OR RECEIVED.
I understand that that there may be fees associated with the external transfer service.
I have read, understand, and agree to abide by the foregoing terms and conditions.
Business Online Banking Disclosures
PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO WIRE TRANSFERS:
You may use the Business Online Banking service to create, view, modify and delete Wire transactions within your limits and accounts.
A Primary User is allowed to create Wire transactions for the current Process Date up to the amount of usable balance available on the Process Date. U.S. Dollar wire instructions can be entered up to 45 days before the Process Date. The account will be debited on the Process Date. Forward dated transactions will be validated for usable balance at 7 AM ET on the Process Date. If the forward dated transaction fails on its Process Date for insufficient funds or any other reason, the Bank will notify the Primary User by Bank Email.
A Secondary User(s) who has access to the Wire service is allowed to create Wire transactions within the Secondary User(s) daily limits up to the amount of usable balance available on the Process Date.
The Bank shall have the right to reject any Wire payment instruction if you have insufficient available funds in the Account or for any other reason. If the Bank rejects a Wire payment instruction, the Bank shall use reasonable efforts to notify you through Bank email or by telephone no later than the business day on which such wire payment instruction would otherwise be executed by the Bank.
You agree that the Bank may rely on the routing or identifying number provided by you for the intermediary bank or the beneficiary's bank, even if it identifies a bank different from the bank identified in the Wire payment instruction. The Bank has no duty to detect any such inconsistency in identification.
You agree that the Bank may rely on the Account number provided by you and the Bank is under no obligation to confirm that the name of the Account to which funds are transferred conforms to the name given in the Wire payment instruction.
The Customer is responsible for full routing instructions. The Customer agrees that in executing any Payment Order the Bank may make use of correspondents, agents, sub-agents, funds transfer and communications systems. The Customer agrees that if a Payment Order does not designate an intermediary bank where appropriate, the Bank will select an intermediary bank on behalf of the Customer and the Customer agrees that the Bank shall have no liability with respect to such selection. To the full extent permitted by law, correspondents, agents, sub-agents, systems or intermediary banks shall be deemed to be agents of the Customer and the Bank shall not be under any liability for any errors, negligence, suspension or default of any of them, all such risks being borne by the Customer.
The Bank is under no obligation to cancel or amend a Wire payment instruction after it has been transmitted to the Bank. However, the Bank shall use reasonable efforts to act on a request by you for cancellation of a Wire payment instruction prior to the Bank’s execution of the instruction, but the Bank shall have no liability if such cancellation is not effected.
All wire payments submitted before 2 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday (excluding federal holidays), will be processed on that day. US Dollar Wire payments submitted after 2.00 p.m. ET on a Banking day will be processed on the next business day. After 2.00 p.m. ET on a Banking day will be processed on the next business day.
PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO ACH (Automated Clearing House) Payments:
The Bank offers a pre-funded ACH payment service through Business Online Banking. You may register for ACH service by completing and delivering an Application form. An eligible Cecil Bank checking account is required. The Customer acknowledges that the designated checking account must have sufficient available funds (2 business days before the Value Date).
Two business days after online registration, the Primary User may begin to use the ACH service and may set up a Secondary User(s) for ACH access.
The Bank will enable a Customer to initiate credit instructions for settlement through the ACH using the Business Online Banking Service. Instructions will be set-up online and will be processed electronically by the Cecil Bank's Electronic Funds Transfer System through the ACH. The Customer agrees that any rules or regulations issued by NACHA (National Automated Clearing House Association) shall be applicable to and binding on the Customer and that transfers shall not be initiated that violate the laws of the United States. The Customer warrants that each credit instruction has been properly authorized by the person whose account is affected and that the authorization is operative at the time of creating and processing this instruction or credit by the Bank as provided in this Agreement.
The Customer will submit the ACH instructions by 2 p.m. ET one business day before the Value Date. ACH instructions received after 2 p.m. ET will be considered received on the next business day. ACH instructions can be entered up to 60 days before the Value Date.
The Bank will process all entries received in a timely manner via ACH to accounts at other banks in accordance with the operating rules of the National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA Rules).
The Bank is not responsible for delays in processing caused by circumstances beyond its control, including but not limited to errors caused by the Customer in inputting/releasing its transactions, machine or transmission facility malfunctions, or the action or inaction of the Electronic Payments Network or a receiving bank or any other party.
Unless otherwise instructed, the Bank will credit the Customer account for items returned through the ACH and forward an advice to the Customer.
The Bank may reject any entry that does not comply with the Bank's requirements as communicated to the Customer. Bank shall notify the Customer, in case of rejection or returns. Bank shall notify the Customer, in the case of rejection because of insufficient available funds either by phone, first-class mail or Bank Email no later than the business day such entry would otherwise have been transmitted by the Bank to the ACH, or, in the case of an entry received for credit to an account maintained with the Bank (an "On-Us Entry"), its effective date. The Bank shall have no liability to the Customer by reason of the rejection of an entry or the fact that such notice is not given at an earlier time than that provided for herein.
The Customer has no right to cancel or amend any entry after it has been submitted. However, the Bank shall use reasonable efforts to act on a request by the Customer for cancellation of an entry prior to transmitting it to the ACH, or, in the case of an On-Us Entry, prior to crediting a Receiver's account, but shall have no liability if such cancellation is not effected.
PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO TAX TRANSFERS:
All Electronic Funds Transfer ("EFT") tax transfers will be made in accordance with these User Terms and Conditions, as modified in accordance herewith, the pre-approved Automated Clearing House ("ACH") Agreement on file with the Bank, and the Operating Rules of the National Automated Clearing House Association ("NACHA Rules").
NOTE: Approval from the IRS must be obtained prior to using this service. Approval can be gained by completing form 9779 or enrolling on-line at www.eftps.gov.
Any interruption in the Internet Banking service for any reason beyond our control will not relieve you of any obligation to pay any tax to the IRS, or any other government agency or entity owed the tax, and we will have no liability to you for any failure by you in such circumstances to pay any tax.
You agree to pay the fees (if any) for your Business Online Banking Services as we advise to you from time to time. We may make changes to the Fee Schedule and will give you 30 days prior notice of any changes. These charges are in addition to any charges for particular banking or other services we might provide for your Linked Accounts under the agreements that apply to your accounts.
You must designate an account on the Application form from which fees (if any) for provision of the Business Online Banking Services may be debited.
I have read, understand, and agree to abide by the foregoing terms and conditions.
EZ Pay Bill Payment Terms and Conditions
This CECIL BANK On-Line Banking Agreement (the "Agreement") governs your use of CECIL BANK On-Line Banking (the "Service"). By subscribing to the Service or using the Service, you agree to the terms of this Agreement. Please read this Agreement carefully and keep a copy for your records. As used in this Agreement, "Checking Account" means the designated checking account at CECIL BANK from which we make payments on your behalf pursuant to this Agreement. In this Agreement, "you" or "your" refer to the person(s) subscribing to or using the Service; "we", "us", or "our" refers to CECIL BANK and any agent, independent contractor, designee, or assignee CECIL BANK may, in its sole discretion, involve in the provision of the service.
1. THE SERVICE. You may use your personal computer ("PC") for electronic banking services. You may also use a PC which meets the requirements set forth in Section 2 to electronically direct us to make payments from your Checking Account to third parties ("Payees") whom you have selected in advance to receive payment through the Service. You can check the balance in your Checking account and other CECIL BANK accounts and order transfers of funds among your accounts.
2. YOUR PC. In order to use the Service, your PC must meet the following minimum requirements:
(a)486 processor, 25 MHz, (b) 350 MB hard drive, (c) 8-16 MB memory, (d) Windows 3.1, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000 or Windows XP and (e) 14,400 bps modem.
For Macintosh PC's:
(a) 68040 processor, (b) 200 MB hard drive, (c) 20 MB memory recommended, (d) Mac OS 7, 8, or 9, and (e) 14,400 bps modem.
We may change these requirements from time to time. We will attempt to provide you with the advance notice of any change.
3. ON-LINE BANKING SERVICE. You may review your CECIL BANK Account transactions and transfer funds between CECIL BANK Accounts on your PC. This service is free of charge to CECIL BANK customers. (See Section 17 for our EZ Pay Bill Payment fee schedule)
4. THE BILL PAYMENT SERVICE. You may make payments through the Service to any business, merchant, or professional that generates a bill or invoice for products or services provided to you or on your behalf, and has an address we can verify ("Business Payee"). You may also make payments through the Service to individuals, family, or friends for non-business purposes ("Individual Payee"). Payments may be made only to Payees with a U.S. payment address.
5. YOUR PAYEE LIST. You must provide sufficient information about each Payee ("Payee Information"), as we request from time to time, to properly direct a payment to that Payee and permit the Payee to identify your account ("Payee Account"). This information may include the name and address of the Payee and your account number.
6. YOUR USER ID, PASSWORD AND ACCOUNT ID. The On-line Banking Service has a User ID and a Password. The On-line Banking User ID is your Social Security Number. We will notify you by email of the Initial Password. After you are notified, you will have 72 hours to change your Password on-line.
7. SCHEDULING PAYMENTS. You initiate a bill payment session by selecting the Bill Payment option. You must enter payee and payment information. Payment processing is completed the following business day. Individual payments may be made in any amount not less than $1.00 and not exceeding $9,999.99. The daily bill payment limit will be $20,000.00. You will receive a confirmation code for your record; if you have a payment question, you must tell us the confirmation code number.
8. DELIVERY OF YOUR PAYMENTS. You may schedule for the next business day, on a future date, or on the same date each month, subject to the restrictions in this Agreement. Although you can enter payment information through the Service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, we can process payments only on BUSINESS days. Should you schedule a payment for a date that falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or holiday, the check will be issued on the next business day. The date that payments are actually issued by us is referred to in this Agreement as the "Transaction Date". After you schedule a payment, we will pay by check or electronic transmission, depending on the Payee. Payments made electronically are credited to your Account within 3-4 BUSINESS days. Payments made by check are mailed to the Payee, and normally credited within five (5) BUSINESS days. To provide sufficient time for payments to be received by your Payees, the Transaction Date for a payment must be at least five (5) BUSINESS days prior to the date your payment is due. We will not be responsible for any loss you incur because of late payment if your Transaction Date is less than five (5) BUSINESS days prior to the Due Date of your payment. First time payments to any Payee MUST be scheduled with a Transaction Date at least five (5) days prior to the Due Date.
9. FUTURE PAYMENTS. You may schedule a payment to be made on any future business day (a "Future Payment").
10. RECURRING PAYMENTS. You may schedule payments for a fixed amount on the same date each month, to be automatically initiated (a "Recurring Payment"). The date on which a payment is scheduled to be made is referred to below as the "Recurring Payment Date." If a Recurring Payment Date is a day which does not exist in a certain month, then the payment will be initiated on the last business day of the month. For example, if you schedule a payment for the 30th of each month, your payment for the month of February will be initiated on or before the 28th of February. If the Recurring Payment Date falls on a day other than a business day in any month, your payment will be initiated on the next business day (i.e. if a Recurring Payment Date falls on a Saturday or Sunday, the actual check will be issued on Friday). Thus, your actual Transaction Date for any month may not be the Recurring Payment Date. Please note that the Payment Guarantee in Section 12 below does not apply to a Recurring Payment if for that specific payment, the Transaction Date does not fall at least five (5) business days prior to the Due Date.
11. OUR LIABILITY FOR FAILURE TO COMPLETE TRANSACTIONS. We will process and complete all transfers properly initiated through the Service in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. If we do not complete a transfer to or from your Account on time or in the correct amount under the terms of this Agreement, we will be liable for losses and damages. However, we will not be liable if:
a) Through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your Account to make the transfer.
b) The Service, your PC, or modem is not working properly and you knew about the malfunction when you started the transfer.
c) A Payee mishandles or delays in handling payments sent by us.
d) You have not provided us with the correct Payee name, address, confirmation number, account information, or payment amount.
e) Circumstances beyond our control (such as fire, flood, or delay in the U.S. Mail) may prevent the proper completion of the transaction despite reasonable precautions by us to avoid these circumstances.
12. BLOCKED ACCOUNTS. A block is automatically placed on all accounts that have a debit returned to FIS (the bill payment service). Please contact Bill Payment Customer Relations at 1-866-818-7022. The block prevents further bill payments from being processed and, in some cases, access to service is denied. On the fifth business day, if no subsequent debit returns are received, the account is unblocked. Consumers will be able to access their bill payment accounts on the sixth day.
13. PAYMENT GUARANTEE. In addition to our liability as discussed above, and subject to the conditions specified in Section 11, should you be charged a late fee by a payee, FIS will work with the payee to attempt to have the late fee reversed. In the event that you have allowed the appropriate amount of time for posting of their payment, and the payee still does not post the payment on time, FIS pays an associated late fee up to $50.00 if you meet each of the following conditions:
a) You must properly schedule the payment to be initiated on a Transaction Date at least five (5) BUSINESS days prior to the Due Date.
b) You must provide us with the correct Payee name, address, confirmation number, account information and with the correct payment amount.
c) On the Transaction Date, your Checking Account must contain sufficient funds to complete the payment or transfer.
d) The late payment fee or penalty, or the method of its calculation, must be published by the Payee prior to the Due Date.
e) Your PC and modem must be functioning properly.
14. DELETING OR MODIFYING PAYMENTS. You may use your PC to electronically change the payment amount and the Transaction Date of any scheduled payment or to delete a payment. You can also stop any Recurring Payment by calling Bill Payment Customer Relations at 1-866-818-7022.
15. BALANCE INQUIRES AND TRANSFERS. You may use the Service to check the balance of your Accounts and to transfer funds among CECIL BANK accounts. In order to initiate one of these transactions, you must first use your User ID and your Password to obtain online access to CECIL BANK On-Line Banking. The balance shown on your PC may include deposits still subject to verification by us. The balance shown also may differ from your records because it may not include deposits in progress, outstanding checks, or other withdrawals, payments, or charges.
Even though confirmation numbers are issued when you request a balance transfer, the transfer will not occur if your account has insufficient funds. You may confirm whether or not a transfer has occurred by periodically reviewing your account; we will give no other notice concerning transfers.
16. STATEMENTS. All of your payments and funds transfers made through the Service will appear on your monthly Account statement(s). The Payee name, payment amount, and Transaction Date will be reflected for each payment made through the Service. By electing the Online Banking Service, you agree to receive only an electronic statement (eStatement) for all of your accounts. If you wish to continue to receive a paper statement, you must notify us in writing.
17. FEES. The fees for CECIL BANK EZ Pay On-line Bill Payment Services are:
a) Pay Anyone service including ebills; no charge for up to 15 transactions per anniversary month or any portion thereof, $0.75 for each additional transaction. Your billing cycle starts on your anniversary date. The anniversary date is the date you enrolled in EZ Pay On-Line Bill Payment for the first time. Please contact the Bank if you would like to know your anniversary date.
b) CECIL BANK's standard fees for returned items ($32.00), stop payments ($20.00), and cancelled check copies for checks you issue/write ($3.00) also apply.
c) Additional fees, $3.00 fee for retrieving a copy of an archived check and $20.00 fee for ordering an end-of-year CD with a complete listing of your bills will apply.
d) CECIL BANK’S Immediate Payment is an electronic or check payment that has a faster delivery than the standard payment deliver by date. This payment delivery channel is meant for those consumers that need to make an immediate payment. This is considered a premium service and is subject to a convenience fee. An expedited electronic payment will be assessed an additional $5.00 fee per bill. An overnight check payment will require a $20.00 fee per bill. The fee is assessed to the consumer’s account when the payment is requested.
We will deduct any and all fees automatically each month from your CECIL BANK Checking Account.
18. EQUIPMENT. We are not responsible for any loss, damage or injury resulting from (i) an interruption in your electrical power; or (ii) any defect or malfunction of your PC, modem. We are not responsible for any services related to your PC other than those specified in this Agreement.
19. BUSINESS DAYS/HOURS OF OPERATION. Our business days are Monday through Friday, except holidays. Although Bill Payments can be initiated only on business days, the Service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except during maintenance periods, for scheduling, modification, or review of payment orders and for funds transfers and balance inquiries.
20. NOTICE OF YOUR RIGHTS AND LIABILITIES. Tell us AT ONCE if you believe that your Password, User ID, or Account ID has been lost or stolen. Otherwise, you could lose all the money in your Accounts accessed by the Password and User ID. Telephoning is the best and fastest way of keeping your possible losses down.
For Online Banking Service: If you believe your Password or User ID has been lost or stolen or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, call:1-410-642-3400 or 1-410-275-8800.
For Bill Payment Service: If you believe your Account ID has been lost or stolen or that someone has issued an unauthorized check, call FIS Bill Payment Customer Service at: 1-866-818-7022.
If you tell us within two (2) BUSINESS days after you discover that your Password, User ID, or Account ID has been lost or stolen, you can lose no more than $50.00 if someone used your Password, User ID, or Account ID without your permission.
If you do not tell us within two (2) BUSINESS days after you learn of the loss or theft of your Password, User ID, or Account ID and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your Password, User ID, or Account ID without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.00.
If your statement shows a transfer that you did not make or authorize, tell us AT ONCE. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the sixty (60) days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time.
21. ERRORS AND QUESTIONS. In case of error or questions about your electronic transfers, you should: for Online Banking Users, call: 1-410-642-2300. For Bill Payment Users, call: 1-866-818-7022.
Initiate a Payment Inquiry on your PC or call us by telephone as soon as you can if you think that your statement is wrong or you need more information about a transfer listed on your statement or appearing on the Account Statement screen of your PC.
We must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after you received the FIRST statement or PC notification in which the problem or error appeared.
a) Tell us your name and Account number.
b) Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
c) Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
We will tell you the results of our investigation within ten (10) business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to forty-five (45) days to investigate your complaint or questions. If we decide to do this, we will provisionally re-credit your Account within ten (10) BUSINESS days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigations. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and do not receive it within ten (10) BUSINESS days, we may not re-credit your Account. If we decide there was no error, we will send you a written explanation within three (3) BUSINESS days after we finish our investigation. You may ask for copies of documents that we used in our investigation.
22. DISCLOSURE OF ACCOUNT INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES. We will disclose information to third parties about your Accounts or the transactions you make:
a) Where it is necessary for completing a transaction; or
b) In order to verify the existence and condition of your Accounts to a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant; or
c) In order to comply with a governmental agency or Court order; or
d) If you give us your written permission.
23. AUTHORIZATION TO OBTAIN INFORMATION. You agree that we may obtain and review your credit report from an authorized credit bureau. You also agree that we may obtain information regarding your Payee Accounts in order to facilitate proper handling and crediting of your payments.
24. TERMINATON. You may terminate your use of the Home Banking Service or the Bill Payment Service by calling CECIL BANK at; or by writing to CECIL BANK, You must notify CECIL BANK at least ten (10) days prior to the termination of the Bill Payment Service. We may require that you put your request in writing. If you have scheduled payments with a Transaction Date within this ten-day period, you also must separately cancel those payments. If we have not completed processing your termination request and you have not otherwise cancelled a payment, you will be responsible for payments with Transaction Dates during the ten (10) days following our receipt of your written notice of termination. WE may terminate your use of the Service, in whole or in part, at any time without prior notification. Your access to the Service will be terminated automatically if your Checking Account is closed, or access to your Checking Account is restricted, for any reason. Termination will not affect your liability or obligations under this Agreement for transactions we have processed on your behalf.
25. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement or by law, we are not responsible for any loss, injury, or damage, whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, caused by the Service or use thereof..
26. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Agreement is the complete and exclusive agreement between you and us related to the Service and supplements any other agreement or disclosure related to your Checking Account or other Accounts. In the event of a conflict between this Agreement and any other agreement or disclosure related to your Checking Account or other Accounts or any statement by our employees or agents, this Agreement shall control.
27. WAIVERS. No delay or omission by us in exercising any rights or remedies hereunder shall impair such right or remedy or be construed as a waiver of any such right or remedy. Any simple or partial exercise of a right or remedy shall not preclude further exercise therefore or the exercise of any other right or remedy. No waiver shall be valid unless in writing signed by us.
28. ASSIGNMENT. You may not assign this Agreement to any other party. We may assign this Agreement or delegate any or all of the rights and responsibilities under it to third parties.
29. GOVERNING LAW. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland, without regard to conflicts of laws provisions.
30. INACTIVITY. If you have your account online and do not access it within four months (120 days), your account information will be removed from the online access due to inactivity online. In order to gain access, again, you will need to resubmit a new application for online banking and/or bill payment.
31. AMENDMENTS. We may amend or change any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement at any time upon at least twenty-one (21) days written notice to you. If you do not agree to the change, you must notify us prior to the effective date of the change or amendment and cancel your access to the Service.
I have read, understand, and agree to abide by the foregoing terms and conditions.
Use of Information
Any person is hereby authorized to view the information available from this web site for informational purposes only. No part of the information on this site can be redistributed, copied, or reproduced without prior written consent of Cecil Bank.
©2007 Cecil Bank, All Rights Reserved
©1996 The Forms Group, Scottsdale, AZ All Rights Reserved
All information in this site is protected by a compilation copyright in the United States of America based on U.S. Copyright Law (17 U.S.C. sec.101 et seq) and International Copyright Laws and may not be reproduced in whole or in part. Unless otherwise specified, no one has permission to copy or republish, in any form, any information found on this site.
BankSITE® is a registered trademark of The Forms Group.
Disclaimer of Warranties
The information contained or accessed, and references to corporations, including their services and products, are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, or error-free or uninterrupted service.
Descriptions of, or references to, products, services or publications within Cecil Bank's web site does not imply endorsement of that product, service or publication. Cecil Bank makes no warranty of any kind with respect to the subject matter included herein, the products listed herein, or the completeness or accuracy of the information. Cecil Bank specifically disclaims all warranties, express, implied or otherwise, including without limitation, all warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
This publication could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes may be periodically made to the information herein.
Disclosure Statement For Consumers: Loan information presented on the website of Cecil Bank is in accordance with the Federal Reserve Truth in Lending Act (12CFR226). Interest rates displayed for loan products are based on an Annual Percentage Rate (APR) and may fluctuate at any time.
Deposit information presented on the website of Cecil Bank is in accordance with the Federal Reserves Truth in Savings Act (12CFR230). Interest rates displayed for deposit products are based on Annual Percentage Yield (APY) and may fluctuate at any time.
Facts, data, & other information presented on Cecil Bank website pages are provided directly by Cecil Bank.
Cecil Bank, our employees, officers, directors and shareholders, as well as BankSITE®, are not responsible for typographical errors or errors of omission; and, we cannot guarantee that all information is accurate or complete.